For Will County Probation Officer and Juvenile Detention Officer, applicants must:
- Complete a four-year degree (BA, BS, BBS, BSW, etc.) from an accredited college or university prior to application, preferably with major course work in criminal justice, psychology, sociology, social work, or the related social sciences,
- Complete an Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts (AOIC) Application, and be on the AOIC Certified list prior to hiring (AOIC Application),
- Be a U.S. citizen,
- Reside in the State of Illinois within six months of hiring,
- Possess good oral and written communication skills,
- Possess a valid driver’s license and possess and able to drive a motor vehicle.
How To Apply
Please submit the following:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Copy of your official college transcripts from institutions where you were enrolled
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. It is advisable that letters of recommendation be authored by individuals who are familiar with your employment record or academic performance. Letters of recommendation must not be older than a year from your date of application.
- Will County Court Services Application (click to print)
Any materials that may have been submitted on a previous application must be submitted again and in accordance with applicable time limitations and deadlines. The submission of any, or all, of the above materials does not guarantee employment or the offer of an interview. In addition, all requested materials must be included in one submission. Failure to do submit any requesting documents may result in the disqualification of your application.
Mail or hand deliver to (no applications will be accepted by email or fax):
Will County Court Services Department
Attn: Human Resources
57 N. Ottawa Street, 3rd Floor
Joliet, Illinois 60432